Meet Dr. Jeff Elenberger
As an orthodontist, I love the positive impact I make on someone’s life while helping him or her smile with confidence. Seeing a shy patient, whether the person is a child, teen, or adult, who is self-conscious about the appearance of their teeth at the first exam, and then seeing the transformation in their confidence after our work is complete, is highly rewarding to my team and me. When someone is ashamed to smile, they tend to be less comfortable in social situations; people keep their head down and do not interact with others. When I straighten those teeth and develop that beautiful smile, the individual’s life changes: they walk with their head held high, they make eye contact and start conversations, and, best of all, they smile and laugh openly and happily.
My patients are incredible, and with over 25 years of experience as an orthodontist, I have had the honor to meet and care for amazing people. I love hearing about their lives, their activities, hobbies, interests, pets, families, and everything else. They keep me constantly learning, motivated, and energized. I love coming to work every day because of those interactions. I smile because of my patients.
My Education & Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts (1984) – California State University, Sacramento
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (1989) – Georgetown University
- Graduated with Magna cum laude Honors
- Elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon (Dental Honor Society)
- Received the American College of Prosthodontists Award for outstanding clinical skills
- Specialist Certificate in Orthodontics (1993) – State University of New York, Buffalo, Class President and Head Resident (Orthodontic Department)
Every year I take many hours of continuing education at the local, regional, and national levels, and am a member of an orthodontic study club, as well. I like staying in touch with the academic community and understand that staying up to date with new technologies and treatment options is essential for me to provide my patients with the best results. I’m always looking to improve our service and patient care.
Achievements, Professional Memberships, & Affiliations
- Voted By Expertise.com As A Top Orthodontist In Sacramento – 2017
- Best in Sacramento Magazine – 2016 – 2020
- Best of the Best Orthodontist voted by the readers of the Placer Herald – 2018
- Best of Rocklin Awards – 2015 – 2018
- Author of The Path to your Future: An Illustrious Guide to all Things LIFE available on Amazon.com
- Contributing Author for the Journal of the American Orthodontic Society
- Learn more about clear aligner treatment in Dr. Elenberger’s article, “Happy Results by Dr. Jeffrey Elenberger,” published in the Journal of the American Orthodontic Society (Spring 2015)
- Peer advisor for ClearCorrect™ (a leading manufacturer of clear orthodontic aligners)
- Alumni interviewer for Georgetown University admissions department
- American Association of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
Outside the Practice
I was born in Rapid City, South Dakota and might just be the only person you’ll ever meet from South Dakota, “we don’t travel much you know.” My family heritage is made up of hard-working farmers and ranchers. So, I was born to work and that’s what you will get from Elenberger Orthodontics. My parents did eventually load up the old station wagon and headed West to California.
I’ve called Sacramento my home for more than 25+ years, after growing up in Petaluma, CA. My wife Lisa (a Children’s Dentist, we met in Dental School) and I have two sons and a daughter. Our home is also shared with a dog named Coco, whose name is a nod to my wife’s hometown of Hershey, PA (Chocolate Town USA). My family is my highest priority when it comes to free time, and I enjoy watching the kids play sports. I also like surfing, golfing, and playing tennis. I love good food and consider myself a master of the barbecue. Ribs galore.
* A fun note, Dr. Elenberger’s nephew is a Reese and his great-grandmother invented what? Who doesn’t like chocolate and peanut butter?
Answer: Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
In the Community
I’ve been a youth football and basketball coach for several years and was the official videographer of my son’s high school football games, too. I enjoy speaking to students at various schools regarding career development and goal setting. I also serve as an alumni interviewer for the admissions department at Georgetown University.
My practice has supported our community through sponsorships and donations to local teams and clubs. We have provided pro bono orthodontic care to families in need through the Sacramento Smile for Kids program.
Meet Me, Dr. Jeff Elenberger, by Scheduling Your Complimentary Appointment Today
To see how I can help you achieve your best smile, schedule your complimentary Elenberger Orthodontics Smile Analysis today by calling 916-774-6006 or by clicking here. Your new patient appointment includes a comprehensive exam, Planmeca low-radiation digital x-rays, an in-depth consultation, and a bonus free copy of my book, “The Path to Your Future: An Illustrious Guide to All Things Life.”
As one of the premier orthodontic practice in Rocklin, CA, our experienced doctor and team at Elenberger Orthodontics also provide 5-star-rated orthodontic care to patients in Roseville, Lincoln, Loomis, Whitney Oaks, Auburn, Granite Bay & Penryn, CA, and surrounding areas.