A Love for My Profession
As an orthodontist, I love the positive impact I make on someone’s life while helping him or her smile with confidence. Seeing a shy patient, whether the person is a child, teen, or adult, who is self-conscious about the appearance of their teeth at the first exam, and then seeing the transformation in their confidence after our work is complete, is highly rewarding to my team and me. When someone is ashamed to smile, they tend to be less comfortable in social situations; people keep their head down and do not interact with others. When I straighten those teeth, and develop that beautiful smile, the individual’s life changes: they walk with their head held high, they make eye contact and start conversations, and, best of all, they smile and laugh openly and happily.
My patients are incredible, and in the 25 years I’ve been a practicing orthodontist, I have had the honor to meet and care for amazing people. I love hearing about their lives, their activities, hobbies, interests, pets, families, and everything else. They keep me constantly learning, motivated, and energized. I love coming to work every day because of those interactions. I smile because of my patients.
My Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts (1984) – California State University, Sacramento
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (1989) – Georgetown University
- Specialist Certificate in Orthodontics (1993) – State University of New York, Buffalo, Class President and Head Resident (Orthodontic Department)
Every year I take many hours of continuing education at the local, regional, and national levels, and am a member of an orthodontic study club, as well. I like staying in touch with the academic community and understand that staying up to date with new technologies and treatment options is essential for me to provide my patients with the best results. I’m always looking to improve our service and patient care.
Achievements, Professional Memberships, & Affiliations
- 2018, 2017, 2016 Americas Top Orthodontists
- 2017 We Looked at 128 Orthodontists serving Sacramento and Picked the Top 19 Best Sacramento/Orthodontists by Expertise.com
- 2018, 2017, 2016 Best of the Best in Sacramento Magazine and Top Dentists LLC
- 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 Best of Rocklin Awards
- 2018 Best of the Best Orthodontist voted by the readers of the Placer Herald in Rocklin
- Author The Path to your Future an Illustrious Guide to all Things LIFE available on Amazon.com
- Contributing Author for the Journal of the American Orthodontic Society
- Learn more about clear aligner treatment in Dr. Elenberger's article, "Happy Results by Dr. Jeffrey Elenberger," published in the Journal of the American Orthodontic Society (Spring 2015).
- Peer advisor for ClearCorrect™ (a leading manufacturer of clear orthodontic aligners)
- Alumni interviewer for Georgetown University admissions department
- American Association of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
Outside the Practice
I was born in Rapid City, South Dakota and might just be the only person you'll ever meet from South Dakota, "we don't travel much you know". My family heritage is made up of hard working farmers and ranchers. So, I was born to work and that's what you will get from Elenberger Orthodontics. My parents did eventually loadup the old stationwagon and headed West to California.
I’ve called Sacramento my home for more than 25+ years, after growing up in Petaluma, CA. My wife Lisa (a Childrens Dentist, we met in Dental School) and I have two sons and a daughter. Our home is also shared with a dog named Coco, whose name is a nod to my wife’s hometown of Hershey, PA (Chocolate Town USA). My family is my highest priority when it comes to free time, and I enjoy watching the kids play sports. I also like surfing, golfing, and playing tennis. I love good food and consider myself a master of the barbecue. Ribs galore.
* A fun note, Dr. Elenberger's nephew is a Reese and his great grandmother invented what? Who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter?
Answer: Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
In the Community
I’ve been a youth football and basketball coach for several years and was the official videographer of my son’s high school football games, too. I enjoy speaking to students at various schools regarding career development and goal setting. I also serve as an alumni interviewer for the admissions department at Georgetown University.
My practice has supported our community through sponsorships and donations to local teams and clubs. We have provided pro bono orthodontic care to families in need through the Sacramento Smile for Kids program.